dan was weeding in the planters and i brought ruby outside. she'd just woken up from a nap - hence the super pink cheeks. she was so cute. i don't know if you can gather it from the pictures, but she loves clapping and waving. i love this girl so much it's not even funny.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Ruby Roo. Look at You. You are almost ONE!
I really can't believe how fast this year has gone by.
Weight - She had an ear infection this month and when we took her in to the doctor, she was 16lbs 8oz. Ruby had a rough couple of weeks with ear infections :(
Diapers - Size 3. But, I'm afraid that they're actually too big..
Clothes - Still all over the place but she is definitely more towards the 12 Month sizes. She is so long that she needs the length, but so thin she is usually swimming in the larger sizes. I'm not sure what is worse - short clothes or wide clothes!
Likes - waving at everyone, dogs, brushing her teeth, cookies or anything chocolate (she looses her mind over costco chocolate muffins), playing peek-a-boo, "that's not my puppy" book, sitting on the lawn and amoxicillian.
Dislikes - ear infections, getting her diaper changed and getting strapped into her carseat.
Love you little Roo!
Posted by candace at 10:41 PM
recently, i've been making a lot of these little temple watercolors. they are so fun.
i've been getting more and more requests for them so i finally decided to open an etsy shop.
it's called dandyroo designs.
(which is a mash-up of dan, candace, and ruby)
come on over and see the shop! you can purchase any temple paintings through the etsy shop now.
(or you want to do an art swap...just email me!)
here are some of my paintings:
Posted by candace at 10:36 PM
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
|picture from here|
I've talked about it before, but I LOVE The Sound of Music.
I think this movie is perfect. I love the costumes. I've still got to recreate some of the costumes for either me or Ruby. They are beautiful! I love the scenery of Salzburg and the VonTrapp Estate is beautiful. Not to mention the Hills! Oh, and The Captain! Really, this movie is wonderful. If you haven't seen it in a while, add it to your list!
|I couldn't find the source for this collage - but isn't it fun!?|
Posted by candace at 10:00 AM
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
|picture from here|
2. We had grass installed in our yard a couple of weeks ago and I cannot believe how much of a difference grass makes. We painted our front doors and I potted some flowers in two identical pots. I love spring. I love our house.
3. Ruby pretty much has all four of her front top teeth in. It amazes me how grown up she looks. And it makes me sad. My little girl is growing up way too fast! Also, she has discovered that she loves brushing her teeth. Like, I can't take her in the bathroom without her whining to brush her teeth.
4. We are supposed to get some family pictures taken soon but it keeps raining! I'm so excited for them though - my friend is a really talented photographer!
5. Lately, I've been really wanting to go to the Thrift Stores in Salt Lake and finally went today! I've said it before: I hate shopping in Utah. But, I found some good things and am excited to go back! Does anyone else like Thrifting? Am I weird on this one?
6. In an effort to watch less TV, the Simon & Garfunkel Pandora Station has been on pretty much non-stop.
7. Dinner was a total bust tonight and that made me sad. I made Chicken and Rice Soup because it was really rainy and cold. It was supposed to be good but it was awful. Dan was a trooper and ate two bowls - after he added Barbecue Sauce (!)
8. I probably really need to start running again. I really don't want to, but I probably need to. So I guess I'm in the market for a jogging stroller or something.
9. One of my Spring/Summer Bucket List things is to go to the Sweet's Candy Factory Tour in Salt Lake. I love Candy. I love Factory Tours. Perfect.
10. General Conference was this past weekend and this was probably my favorite talk. Dan was taking Ruby on a walk around the block so I was actually able to sit and listen without distraction. I loved everything she said and felt such a greater sense of responsibility towards the little daughter I have. I need to read the whole thing again.
Posted by candace at 9:24 PM
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Ruby's First Easter was a success! She had a cute dress, a fun basket and a pair of bunny ears. How could you go wrong?!
|we have 9am church, so ruby got her basket after the 3-hour block! that's why she's in her easter dress!|
|this picture melts my heart. she pulled out peter rabbit and immediately hugged him. sooooo cute.|
holidays are so much fun with kids! next year, we will definitely do an egg hunt and it will be awesome!
Posted by candace at 12:03 PM