1. ruby can now identify her nose. we'll say "ruby! where's your nose?" and she'll point. she often accidentally sticks her finger up her nose but i think she gets the point. we're working on ears and eyes.
2. ruby is still not walking, but is getting a lot more confident moving around. i looked away for one second and she somehow got from the living room to dan's office where i found her sitting in his 'old man chair'
3. ruby always wants to climb the stairs and go to the up up stairs to see the dollies and toys that are up there.
4. most of the time, there is a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and that has become ruby's favorite place to sit. like nine times out of ten she'll be sitting on the step. and she usually clasps her hands and puts them in her lap. it's seriously so cute.
5. ruby was having some serious problems in the poop department and is on a pretty permanent regiment of miralax. she usully has a cocktail of equal parts apple juice and water and about 1 1/2 teaspoons of miralax. it helps get stuff moving if you know what i mean...
6. ruby has started making kissy noises at her toys and sometimes will even give me slobbery open-mouthed kisses.
7. thank heaven for washable crayons. ruby loves to color and gets crayons all over the place sometimes. these ones just come off with a wet cloth. awesome.
8. ruby loves blueberries. she didn't like them very much the first time she tried them a few months ago, but now she thinks they're great.
9. ruby dances to pretty much any music she hears. it's like this hand shuffle shimmy. the beach boys are still her favorite, but she has also been enjoying the disney pandora station.
10. ruby had another ear infection. she's on the last couple days of her antibiotics. i think she inherited her daddy's ears. he had so many ear infections as a child!