Wednesday, June 12, 2013

that time ruby slept through her birthday

I had big plans for Ruby's First Birthday. 

(It involved renting puppies among other things) 

But, when Dan found out he was getting sent to Alaska for work and would miss her birthday by a couple of days, I had to change plans! It just worked out that we would be in Massachusetts at my parent's house for the little lady's big day and that ended up being a pretty special treat for them. 

The night before, my brother Sam and I decorated the cute beach cottage with streamers and photos from Ruby's first year. It was cute and pretty simple. 

Ruby's Birthday was a pretty regular day in the end - we went shopping and she got to eat her favorite things. My dad bought her a balloon from Hennesey News (which is where the people in Scituate get their coffee, newspapers and lotto tickets. And apparently birthday balloons).
 My mom got her a cake from White's in Hingham (Everything there is absolutely amazingly delicious). 

We were going to have a little party after dinner that night. But, of course, Ruby zonked out around 7:00, right as dinner was making its way to the table. She slept through her cake and her presents. I figured it was just because she didn't want her daddy to miss celebrating her birthday with her. 
...And then woke up at 11:30 after everyone had gone to sleep. 

Happy Birthday Ruby! 



the party crew (sam and my dad)

unopened presents, uneaten cake. but man, that little girl is loved! 

1 comments:

Carmen said...

What a cute birthday party! I'm so happy you have such a beautiful daughter. And Sam looks so different!
Love you.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com