Friday, August 3, 2012

Turning the Big 2-4

Well, I've gotta say that I had a pretty darn good birthday. I am blessed with great friends and family that always make me feel special. This year was no different. Here are some highlights from this years' festivities!

- Ruby slept all night and we didn't wake up till about 7:15! I'm always happier when I'm well-rested. I'm considering this Ruby's gift to me!
- Dan hijacked my blog. He totally surprised me with this one and I loved reading what he wrote about. It made me so happy.
- Every year, I look forward to reading all the Facebook posts and texts and such that flood in on Birthdays. They're so fun. Thanks everyone!
- Another year of Netflix! Thanks Carlyle and Karylee!
- Elise treated me to lunch at Cafe Rio! And let me borrow her clothes. Keep reading to find out why...
- Mini Shopping Spree at Target with the Gift Card from Mom, Dad and Sam.
- Oyster Crackers and Trader Joe's "Apple Walks into a Bar" Bars from Jenny. She knows me way too well!
- Mary brought me Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- Jason, Ellen, Gavin and Millie came to town! It just happened that their trip coincided with my birthday. How lucky am I!? We all went to dinner at the Art City Trolley. Yumm.
- An impromptu Birthday Party with Dan's side of the family with Funfetti Birthday Cake with Rainbow Chip frosting. :)
- Dan's gift is to help me update and revitalize my wardrobe. Nothing seems to fit well enough and I feel like I have nothing cute to wear so I'm going to work on that over the next couple of weeks.

And now for the not-so-fantastic part of my birthday:

I got thrown up on twice. Once in the morning (pre-shower so that was okay) and then right when we were picking Elise up at her apartment before lunch. Thank goodness we're the same size because I was soaked! Ruby threw up, grinned a big grin and then fell deep asleep. So we still went to Cafe Rio and Target...

That afternoon, we ended up taking Ruby to the pediatrician because she'd thrown up everyday since Sunday. Four days. They thought that she had Acid Reflux since these episodes always happened right around when she ate but wanted her to get an Ultrasound on her stomach just to rule out anything more serious. So...we spent a couple of hours in the doctors office and then at the hospital getting the Ultrasound done.

Everything's come back normal and she hasn't even thrown up again so I'm not sure what the problem really was. Oh well! I'm glad she's back to normal.

Overall, my birthday was filled with great food, family, friends and fun. I didn't even mind getting thrown up on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com