Friday, August 24, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday


My favorite thing to do on Friday is  go out! I try to plan our meals but the plan for Friday is usually just "OUT". I really need a break by the end of the week! I used to look forward to Fridays a lot more when I worked because I usually got off early and start our weekend fun! But now being home all day with Baby Ruby, it seems like every day is like a weekend!

This Friday I am going to an end-of-summer bbq at Dan's friend's house. I think I'm supposed to make a dessert or a salad or something to bring. I should probably figure that out...

 The best thing about a weekend is that Dan doesn't have to work! I'm pretty spoiled because he works from home and his job is really flexible so I see a lot of him but he always has that stress of work during the week. The weekends give him a chance to relax and spend more time with Ruby and me. 

 Now that summer is almost over, I'm feeling ready for the holidays! I pretty much have our Halloween costumes planned out, am starting to brainstorm Christmas ideas and have an awesome idea for a New Year's Eve party! I'm so excited to spend the holidays with Ruby. Everything is so much more meaningful with kids! 

The best thing I did this summer was get into the grove of being a mom and really bond with Baby Ruby. I thought that the slow-paced summer was perfect for settling into my new life. It was also great to have so many visitors this summer. I love visitors. 

The things I'm looking forward to about fall are baked pumpkin treats, crunchy leaves, sweaters and boots, cooler days, weddings, a trip to California,  Halloween and the return of prime-time television shows. I'm really excited for Fall 

If I had to be stuck in one season for the rest of my life, I would choose Fall! I love that it's still warm enough to be outside and that it's so beautiful outside. We have big old trees on our street that turn magnificent shades of orange, red and yellow. I love the sound of the wind rustling through the leaves. It's so calming and peaceful. 

One last thing about fall...Last year, I was just a little bit pregnant around this season. Unfortunately, I've associated a lot of my nauseous feelings with fall things. I'm too excited for fall to have it be ruined by sick memories! Let's hope this year is better!

Linking up with The Little Things We Do. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall is definatly my favorite season also!!!

Linked up from Lauren's blog ;)

Creole Wisdom said...

I want to visit you and Dan so badly! Let's pray I get a great freelance client that allows me to buy a ticket :)

I'm so glad this summer has been great for you and the family. So glad you got to bond with sweet Ruby! I am thinking about Christmas, too. I want to find a pink or white tree that isn't expensive, it's going to be tough to find. I probably missed my window of snatching a deal. Oh well! Fall is my favorite season, too, there is nothing like it. Ask Dan to tell you how wonderful fall is in Minnesota.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com