Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Good News Minute

In Relief Society on Sundays, they often do a "Good News Minute". It's where the ladies can share something good that's happened during the week with the rest of the group. I like listening to what the ladies say even though my things don't usually go along with the usual "My fourteenth grandchild was born this week!" or "I am finally recovered from my Carpal Tunnel Surgery!". I hardly ever volunteer my good news though. It's not that good things don't happen to me, because it's quite the opposite. It's just I can never really thing of something on the spot to share.  And since I have a little baby girl that probably won't want to go to Relief Society, here's my little list for this week:

  • I was treated to an early Birthday lunch with Jenny and Jamie at Molly's. This restaurant is seriously one of my favorites! Jenny treated me to a Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw on top and a nice large piece of Carrot Cake. If you're in the Provo area, I highly recommend checking Molly's out!
  • It was Pioneer Day! I love having a holiday that nobody else in the country has! And Ruby looked so cute in that little American Girl Doll Bonnet...
  • I love that we can walk around the streets of Springville and run into so many people that we know! Last night on our walk, we saw 11 people that we knew. Most of them were Dan's Aunts and Uncles who'd just finished dinner at Magleby's. It was so fun to turn the corner and say, "Hey, I know them!" These summer walks truly are the best! 
  • I am 2/3 of the way through Season 1 of Downton Abbey. There's been too much talk about this series to not give it a second try. (I watched the first episode a couple of months ago, and was totally not into it. Now that I've seen more, I like it!) 
  • We went to Costco and bought more than just stuff from the Food Court. Dan and I talked about how we felt like real-live adults getting stuff and Costco and actually using it!
  • Ruby (and I) slept 8 hours last night - 11pm-7am. Which were almost regular sleeping hours! 
And this is sorta from last week, but I made these S'mores Bars and they are the best thing ever. If you make them, make sure you share them because once you eat one you won't be able to control yourself. 
Picture from here via Stephanie via Pinterest

1 comments:

Jenny Dunn said...

a. I love being mentioned on your blog.
b. I'm glad you gave Downton a second try
c. Those s'mores bars look amazing
d. I really like you and I'm glad we're friends :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com