Thursday, April 8, 2010

Broiled Grapefruit (yep you heard me right)

Photo from The Kitchn
So I was browsing over at one of my favorite websites -- Apartment Therapy.com

The Kitchn section to be precise.

And they had this recipe for Sweet and Smoky Broiled Grapefruit.

I always feel cool when I see something new and unique on a blog, and already know about it or have done it. This is one such case.

Last week, Dan and I were over at Uncle Von & Aunt Susan's house. Susan offered us some broiled grapefruit (we thought it sounded a bit strange, but obliged anyway)

It. Was. Delicious.

Warm, buttery citrus. You'd never think of this combo, but it is awesome!

She even sent us home some grapefruits so that we can make our own.

If you want to try a broiled grapefruit for yourself, check out this post. (I don't think that their recipe calls for butter, but it's a must. And pile on the brown sugar -- this is meant to be delicious, not nutritious!)

2 comments:

KirstieBirstie said...

ahhh this sounds soooo good!

The Brown Family said...

Who knew you could could cook grapefruit in such a way, my husband's a fan so I may have to give it a try myself! Cute blog by the way!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com