Sunday, April 18, 2010

Before and After: Part 4

We've finally reached the Kitchen on this part of our Tour!

OK so here's the before. NASTY.
The old owners had this weird carpet down on the floor. We took it up and discovered tile! We've painted the walls yellow and the cabinet doors green. My camera is not very good, so these pictures don't really do it justice.
And yes, those are freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on the oven there. Refer to my previous post if you want the recipe.

I have my own little corner-desk area. I really wish I had a before shot of this one. Just imagine -- Before: Ugly closet, ill-fitting doors and concrete walls. I would be nervous to even store food in there. But now! It's really awesome. I have a built in cookbook storing-blogging-sewing-crafting station and it is perfect!

Again, these pictures stink! But the edges of the shelves are the same light green as the cabinets. I got special knobs from Anthropologie (who'd think they'd have such great hardware!?).
And here is possibly my favorite feature of the kitchen -- the open display cabinet! A perfect place to showcase all my fun dishes and Fiestaware. It wasn't in the original plan to have this cabinet like this, but we had a very difficult time with the doors. They are old, and none of the hardware was standard so putting new ones on proved to be impossible. By the time we got to this end, we just decided to leave them off. And I don't think it looks half bad, myself.

Ok, we only have one room left. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

ellen said...

So cute! I'm totally jealous of your fiestaware! (jason and i might have to get married again so i can register for that!) Martha Stewart better watch out...you redecorated AND made cookies...AMAZING! Can't wait to see you guys this week!

annie said...

Candace-- holy cow! Your house is ADORABLE! I love all of the colors so much! And I love the trinkets you have on the shelves! I stared at that picture of your little desk corner for a while, trying to see all the cute-o things that you have. I love the open cupboard with the dishes too! And that movie of the girls in the glasses-- I like their vintage outfits way too much. I need to find out where dresses like that are sold. -annie jones

annie said...

(I'm not quite sure why my name is "samba" when I post comments on your blog, kind of a cool name, though.) -annie

Creole Wisdom said...

You are seriously SO TALENTED!

Wow, wow, wow! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Seriously: the desk area (I'm swooning), and the fiesta ware (fantastic), and the cabinets.

I'm kind of distrubed why anyone would have carpet in a kitchen or bathroom. What? Way to go on removing that, too.

I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to echo what everyone else has said! I LOVE the house changes! It is super cute. When Erik and I move to a real house, I am definitely going to need your help dressing it up!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com