Sunday, April 18, 2010

...And we're back!

Sorry about that week-long disappearance - it's been quite busy for me with the last week of classes (you'd think finals week would be busy, but no. I actually have a bit of a break now)

Here are some updates, pictures and other things I like.

1) We finally sold the Police Car. Dan was sad to see it go. (I was kinda happy to see it go)



But, you can see we are both pretty happy with the cash.

And speaking of cars, its time for Dan to get a new company car. He just ordered a 2010 Ford Fusion. We might buy the Charger for me, but he says he might be a little jealous if I drive a cooler car than he does.

2) I got a calling. We may have only been in this ward for 1 week, but I've already been called to work in the Primary. Six-year-olds -- better brace yourselves.

3) I've been cookin' up a storm. Finally found a good chocolate chip cookie recipe over at my new favorite blog -- Crepes of Wrath. It's awesome.

I also made some really good brown sugar bacon for the annual roommate General Conference breakfast (word is it was a show-stopper) Here's the recipe over at MarthaStewart.com (It's so easy, it doesn't really even need a recipe.)


4) 'Tis the Season for Visitors! Dan's mom, Karylee, comes up (tomorrow!) for a visit before CJ & Meghan's little baby girl is born. (Boy, are we excited for a cute little Girl to be around!) Then, next weekend Jason & Ellen, our favorite Denver cousins are coming with their little boy, Gavin, for a visit. Then, my Mom is going to visit in May. We're going to have a full house for a while.

5) My brother, Ethan, just put in his mission papers -- it'll be exciting to see where he goes!


6) Spring semester I am taking 2 classes, to satisfy dumb liberal arts and science credits. What are my two classes you ask? American Culture and Floral Design. I am excited.

7) I have exactly 2 weeks left of working a regular shift at the Candy Counter (I'll be "on call" till I graduate, so if you really really want to see me there, I might be able to pick up a shift :). I am really excited to be done, and move on with my life. But I will really miss it and all of the friends I've made there.

8) I think this video is like the cutest thing ever, if you haven't watched it yet, you MUST!!

I Am A Girl - The Girls With Glasses Theme Song from The Girls With Glasses on Vimeo.

Whew! That was a super long post. I will not let my blogging lapse for so long -- the catch-up is exhausting!!
And I'll continue with the Home Tour this week, I promise!

1 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

I believe we should start a society to end math/science reqs for liberal ad grads. Waste of time. I had to take two science and one math class, and literally- I thought I was going to have a heart attack at twenty- from the stress! There were many, serious prayers during that time in my life relating to grades. ugh. Hate that.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com