Thursday, September 2, 2010

Never Say Yes to the Specialty Drinks Or How I Stopped Loving the Olive Garden.

Today, Kirsten and I went to the Olive Garden for one last hurrah before she leaves forever to go back to Portland.

Normally, I really dig the soup-salad-breadstick deal at the O.G. but not today.

The first thing that went wrong was the waiter showed us the special new lemonades. Normally, I just go for water but this was a special occasion! So I ordered one. Kirsten got one too.

Then we ordered food. I wanted soup and salad. Kirsten wanted salad. But instead of like just charging me for the soup and charging Kirsten for the salad. I got charged for both soup and salad and Kirsten got charged for the salad -- the ONE salad we shared. Dumb. And the food wasn't even good. The soup was too salty and the salad was too cold. (Weird I know -  but after eating hot soup, freezing cold salad is not the best thing)

We finished our drinks and the waiter was like "do you want more". Normally, I am skeptical of specialty drinks because they usually have don't have refills but it seemed like the waiter was offering a free refill. This was not the case.

Let's just say that I ended up paying $18.00 for one bowl of soup, one plate of salad and two glasses of lemonade. I wasn't very happy.

This negative event was probably some my fault and lack of knowledge in the restaurant business but I really felt taken advantage of.

I don't think I'm going back to Olive Garden for quite some time (which is fine because Dan doesn't like it anyway)

But, on a happier note - well bittersweet note - I'll miss you Kirsten and our fun nights of crafty goodness!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

we had a bad experience at Olive Garden and I complained and got a $50 gift card...you should do that :) It was worth it.

annie said...

I hate experiences that make you dislike your favorite restaurant! Go to Macaroni Grill-- it is so wonderfully yummy! Especially their penne rustica-- mmm!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com