Monday, September 13, 2010

The Last Frontier...

Picture from here
Well, Dan left this morning for Alaska. Yes, you heard me correctly - ALASKA. And he'll be there for a month. Yes, you heard me correctly - A MONTH.

Ugh. He's off in Nature's Wonderland, and I'm stuck here.

Ok, it's not that bad. Let me clarify - He's there for work, so it's not like he went on vacation without me.  He'll be way more lonely that I will be. I miss him a lot already. He's pretty lucky though to be in such a cool place.

He might even take a glacier spotting cruise and see Aurora Borealis.

Here are some more fun facts about Alaska, just for the heck of it.

  • State Motto: North to the Future
  • Nicknames: "The Last Frontier" or "Land of the Midnight Sun" or "Seward's Icebox
  • State mineral: Gold, adopted 1968.
  • State song: "Alaska's Flag"
  • State sport: Dog Mushing, adopted 1972.
  • State flower: wild/native Forget-Me-Not, adopted by the Territorial Legislature in 1917. It is a perennial that is found throughout Alaska, from Hyder to the Arctic Coast, and west to the Aleutians.
  • State fossil: Woolly Mammoth, adopted 1986.
  • State gem: Jade, adopted 1968.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com