Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Baby Brother's All Grown Up...

I took Ethan to the MTC today. It was weird saying "bye" knowing that I wouldn't talk to him for two years! 
It's Elder Mercer! 
Before he reported, we stopped at In-n-Out. Which is apparently a ritual for many missionaries because there were like at least five others getting their Double-Doubles and Shakes. 


First Double-Double in four years. Last Double-Double for two years. 

When we pulled into the Parking Lot at the MTC and I just dropped him off. They've changed the way missionaries are dropped off - they're just dropped off. Which I was kinda glad for. It's hard to say good-bye. I just gave him a hug, took a picture and said "see ya". That was all. 

I hope they take good care of him! 
I thought... As I was driving away, a missionary started banging on my window - it was Ethan. He'd forgotten his suit coat. I hope he has a good time and is a good missionary. 

See ya in two years! 
I got home and realized that he'd also forgotten all his toiletries. I guess that's his way of making sure I send him at least one package. He might get lucky and even get some chocolate chip cookies too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com