Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. I’m totally loving the snow. I open up my curtains and it feels so cozy in this old brick house. Dan and I took a walk last night when it was lightly snowing. The light is so beautiful and the night is so still when it’s snowing. It was so romantic!

   1 2. Happy Chinese New Year – Little baby girl will be born in the Year of the Dragon. I’m also the Year of the Dragon. As are John Lennon, Joan of Arc, Freud, Reese Witherspoon and Shirley Temple. Dragons are lucky! 

3. Our boiler is finally fixed! It broke on New Year’s Eve and it took until now for the Home Warranty people to come fix it. Luckily, the boiler just heats the up and the up-up stairs so it was still livable downstairs. I’m so happy to have a warm house again!

 4.  I made Banana Bread Muffins today and they were delicious. I may have eaten four. I told you they were good! I got the recipe from here.

5. I had a dream last night that I was working at the Candy Counter. It was present day and I didn't know any of the other girls there. Everyone was asking for Sugarplums. It was really weird.

6. I finally organized my craft room. I actually want to be up there now! Everything has a place and it’s still pretty roomy up there. Now, all I need is a big bulletin board, a cute lamp and a waste paper basket and it will be complete. Now I have no excuse to neglect that quilt that’s been in the works since July!

7.  I feel bad when everyone asks me how I’m feeling because I’m truly feeling great! I have no complaints except for not being able to sleep on my stomach. I guess I should just count myself lucky and thank them for their concern?

8. I did 2 ½ loads of laundry today and actually folded and put it away. I usually don’t get this all done at once as evident in the half – there was a load of laundry from last week in the dryer - I feel quite accomplished!

9. I was looking through old pictures and I really miss my long hair. It was so long and curly! We’ll have to see how my hair changes over the next couple of months, but I’m not going to cut it super short again anytime soon!

10.  I've really been craving Subway like crazy these days. I might have also had a dream about sandwiches last night. I usually get a 6-inch Ham with Provolone, all the veggies (minus jalapenos) and mayo & mustard. We have a pretty sweet coupon so I might be able to convince Daniel that Subway really does sound good for dinner tonight! 
Picture from Here. 

3 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

Love your "ten on Tuesday," that's great. Glad your boiler got fixed, I would die without heat, even if it was in one specific part of the house.

So glad you are doing well and feeling well!

Unknown said...

i love that that recipe says it has a two hour prep time, though when reading it i'm pretty sure it doesn't. haha. i love banana bread. i also love sugarplums and miss them. i totally forgot about them too, thanks for that painful reminder. just kidding.

Unknown said...

also loving your blog design. very candace.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com