Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beatlemania hits again!

So, the Paul McCartney Concert was amazing. We got to the stadium a little before the show was supposed to start, but like most concerts, this one didn't start on time. We were waiting for Paul to come out and it still hadn't really sunk in that we were going to see a BEATLE perform.

Then around  8:00, smoke started to come on stage, the lights turned on, and then I saw him. Sir. Paul McCartney. An overwhelming wave of Beatlemania swept over me. I let out a blood-curdling scream. It seemed like the only appropriate response to seeing a Beatle run out on stage with a guitar. It was such an emotional experience that I think I teared up a bit. I have heard about Beatlemania and how girls were complete basket cases at Beatles concerts. Word is that in 1964, when they came to America the first time, their songs couldn't even be heard over the shrieks of the crowd.


Highlights of the Concert:
  • During "All My Loving" he did the little "head bob" that he did when he performed the song on the Ed Sullivan Show in '64. (Yes, I did notice this)
  • Tributes -- He dedicated songs to Linda, John and George. It was touching. It kinda made me sad.
  • When he pulled out a mandolin and performed "Dance Tonight"
  • "Something" on the Ukulele. Charming rendition. 
  • "Give Peace a Chance" the whole crowd stood up and waved their arms and sang along. You could really feel the emotion of that song when there were hundreds of thousands of people singing it. 
  • "LIVE AND LET DIE"!! Dan and I totally called that this song would be a show-stopper. I heard the opening line and lost it. I kept telling Dan and Jenny that there would be crazy strobe lights and there were! There were fireworks too. Gosh, writing this down doesn't even do it justice. It was fantastical. My new favorite Paul McCartney song.
  • "Hey Jude" It was so loud, with everybody singing along! Everyone knows this song, and then to get everyone out there singing at the top of their lungs - wow. Plus he performed it on a really cool psychedelic piano which was awesome.  

It was surreal seeing someone perform that you'd only heard about. It was almost like I didn't believe that he really existed. But he does, and he puts on a really great show. I'm super glad that he came to Utah. Once in  a lifetime experience. Thanks Dan!

Picture from Here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com