Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Before And After: Part 5 (It's the BEST one!)


THE LIVING ROOM. I sorta forgot that I hadn't posted about this room because I think it's the one that's transformed the most. The difference between before and after is startling. I think I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. The wood paneling really scared me away from this place originally, but as you can see in the after shots, a couple of coats of paint goes pretty far. Since we found ourselves with all this extra space, we bought the matching sofa from Ikea (and scored the Ottoman for 50% off in the As-Is Section! I've had some luck there before!) We still have a few loose ends to tie up in this room, I'm planning on making a curtain-style door for the closet which is currently door-less. And if you were wondering, the flower arrangement on the buffet was designed by moi (I'm really enjoying my floral design class!).  We really love our living room :) 

4 comments:

annie said...

That room is completely transformed, it looks incredible! I love the color on the walls and the reading corner! And I like the light fixtures you put in too! You probably have the cutest house I have ever seen! -annie

Creole Wisdom said...

Girlfriend, where ya been all my life?

This is brilliant. Are you sure you don't want to work in interior design/diy magazines? You'd be perfect for it. I'm not kidding.

Absolutely love what you have done here. Go on with your bad self :)

brittna said...

love it

Taryn Davis said...

Candace, I don't know why I haven't been reading your blog, but I just found it! What you did to this room is astounding! I'm not surprised since it's coming from you, but you really did a great job.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com