Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I want a fancy camera.

I don't know if you've noticed but the photographs on this blog are sometimes lacking in quality. I really want to have nice photos. Not just for the blog but for life. It's not like I have dreams of being a world-class photographer, but life looks so much better through a nice camera. My friend, Katie (who has a wonderful blog that YOU should check out) suggested the Canon Rebel. Katie is a great photographer.  Then, I was reading over on one of my other favorite blogs, MADE (which is ALSO cool and YOU should check it out) and she uses the Rebel. I think her pictures are very pretty. Dan just likes that it's called the Rebel. So I'm thinking this could be a nice Birthday-Graduation-early Christmas present? Any suggestions? I finally think I'm ready to move to the next level of picture-taking.
photo is from MADE's Camera FAQ page

4 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

You are so kind, hehe! Thanks for the mention.

Like I said, I think the rebel would be perfect for you. You can still purchase all the fun lenses, but the body is a bit less expensive than the older SLRs.

That's what I would go for now, if I wasn't being paid to take pictures. Now I have to invest in a more $$ camera- not fun, but thank goodness for tax write offs :)

Anyway- for anyone wanting to start, I say go rebel.

And your pictures are great, don't even worry. It's more about composition and lighting, and you've already got that down.

OH- and one more thing: my good friend Emma just got a rebel last year and has loved taking a class on how to use it. Usually stores will throw a free class in with a camera purchase, go to it! I would of loved to take a class, but when I got my camera we were out of state so that wasn't an option- oh well!

Jacqueline Francis said...

GO REBEL

*little miss giggles* said...

yes i have the same camera and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

Cortney said...

I've heard from many people that the rebel is a really good one. They have it at Costco I believe which would probably be a great place to buy it. I too REALLY want one. I think it will be my next large purchase like you say....birthday/christmas/whatever else :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com