Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the Fence...



SO I have been offered two internships for the fall... Gardner Village and Thanksgiving Point. Doing Event Planning at each. What do I choose!?

Gardner Village pays (sorta) but is really far away. Thanksgiving Point is non-payed, but closer and a lot more flexible. They also want me to start right away which will give me stuff to do with my days. Also, their events sound more fun.

Wow, I seem to have worked that all out in the typing. I think I'll do Thanksgiving Point and just find a seasonal or part-time job or something. Thanks everyone for sitting through that little exercise, you're all great listeners.

Pictures from Here and Here

2 comments:

Jenny Dunn said...

ah!!! I am SO excited for you! I think we need to go to lunch to celebrate :)

Creole Wisdom said...

Candace I'm really proud of you! Both would be great. However, they recently made unpaid internships illegal. I would professionally approach TP and let them know that I'd received another offer, that was paid- then they might counter offer. Personally I think it's ridiculous not to pay interns (that's slavery, actually) and especially those in college/out of college. And I'm interning now, sigh. You deserve to be paid! LOL. Can you tell I'm a touch passionate about this?

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com