Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I sense Trader Joe's in your future...

Wednesdays are my long days at work -- I work 4 hours, right during lunch time. It usually goes by pretty slow. But! Today was a little bit exciting.

I was ringing up some BYU sweatshirts for this family and the dad had a denim shirt with "Trader Joe's" embroidered above the pocket. Trying to strike up conversation, I asked, "Do you work at Trader Joe's?"

"Yeah, I do", he said.

I kept totaling up his merchandise.

"What do you do for them?", I asked. (Based on how he was spending, I was pretty sure he wasn't a cashier or the sample-maker guy)

"I'm the Vice President"

WOW! I wasn't really expecting that! From there I went on to tell him how much I miss shopping at TJ's and that he should use his vice presidential power and get us a Trader Joe's here. I was pretty insistant. I might have been a little annoying. I didn't want him to leave without knowing just how much we NEED a TJ's here!

We'll see what happens. He didn't tell me yes or no. But if Utah miraculously gets a TJ's in the near future you all know who to thank!

1 comments:

Jenny Dunn said...

wow. you are a lucky girl. that's funny because we were just talking about TJs the other day!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com